MMM Price Increase

Guest peter

Anybody noticed the 25p increase. Talk about crafty, the October issue had the price proudly displayed in large type of £3.95 at the top left of the page. But the next issue had it poked down in the bottom right hand at £4.20. How a 25p increase can be justified is beyond me for a load of adverts and travel tales.

What do you other readers think?.

Tracker - 2014-11-18 6:51 PM

If I had posted as you have done you would now be accusing me of stirring the sh1t?

I make no such accusation to you as I see no point in being needlessly unpleasant.

But I won't be buying any more MMMs either as I too have read all the adverts!

But being needlessly unpleasant is precisely what you were being isn't it? Come on Tracker, behave yourself.

peter - 2014-11-18 6:43 PM

Anybody noticed the 25p increase. Talk about crafty, the October issue had the price proudly displayed in large type of £3.95 at the top left of the page. But the next issue had it poked down in the bottom right hand at £4.20. How a 25p increase can be justified is beyond me for a load of adverts and travel tales.

Can I ask what you would like to see in MMM?

My personal preference would be for more practical information on, 'how to do it' sort of topics, but I suppose that would not please everyone.

To me, its whether the content is worth the money. The answer is sometimes given the quality of some articles and so I am an occasional buyer. The amount of ads has never bothered me.

However, looking at the website, MMM is £3.23 per issue on subscription, £2 and a whisker per issue if you go the digital route. That makes the mag much better value.

Two other magazines I buy cost £4.25 in the shops [must less on subscription] and have similar quality paper, colour, and layout. Two of us read these mags which makes them £1.20 per person per subscription issue. Bargains!

I'm the only one in our house who reads MMM when I do buy it.

Oh, and in its latest format, MMM is better than Practical Motorhome and from memory has almost double the sales.

I wonder for how long magazines will be available in shops. When will I have to visit iTunes to download a magazine if I want to read it? Will I be able to pay for only the articles I want to read?

To me, its whether the content is worth the money. The answer is sometimes given the quality of some articles and so I am an occasional buyer. The amount of ads has never bothered me.

However, looking at the website, MMM is £3.23 per issue on subscription, £2 and a whisker per issue if you go the digital route. That makes the mag much better value.

Two other magazines I buy cost £4.25 in the shops [must less on subscription] and have similar quality paper, colour, and layout. Two of us read these mags which makes them £1.20 per person per subscription issue. Bargains!

Oh, and in its latest format, MMM is better than Practical Motorhome and from memory has almost double the sales.

I wonder for how long magazines will be available in shops. When will I have to visit iTunes to download a magazine if I want to read it? Will I be able to pay for only the articles I want to read?

StuartO - 2014-11-19 10:25 AM

Tracker - 2014-11-18 6:51 PM

If I had posted as you have done you would now be accusing me of stirring the sh1t?

I make no such accusation to you as I see no point in being needlessly unpleasant.

But I won't be buying any more MMMs either as I too have read all the adverts!

But being needlessly unpleasant is precisely what you were being isn't it? Come on Tracker, behave yourself.

If you are going to criticise Stuart please do so even handedly.

I refer you to the credit card security thread where I was accused of stirring the sh1t by asking the question, so when Peter felt obliged to comment on the price of MMM followed by a dig about moderation it did not seem unreasonable to draw his attention to the whole issue of stirring on this thread.

Anyway as there seems now to be a truce between Peter and I that should be an end to it as maybe we are both right and both wrong?

Tracker - 2014-11-19 1:00 PM

...If you are going to criticise Stuart please do so even handedly.

I refer you to the credit card security thread where I was accused of ....

I was commenting on this Thread only and your post only. Whatever sense of grievance you might be carryin from elsewhere posting like that makes you look a plonker. Please don't do it again.

StuartO - 2014-11-19 4:24 PM

I was commenting on this Thread only and your post only. Whatever sense of grievance you might be carryin from elsewhere posting like that makes you look a plonker. Please don't do it again

Given your own recent history of unpleasantries Stuart you are in no position to tell anyone else how to behave so kindly desist with the jibes.

When it does come to poking your oar in I would appreciate you taking the trouble to consider the wider picture, as explained to you, before having another go using selective quotes out of context.

I don't have any past grievances and if Peter had not had a go at me I would not have responded.

It really is as simple as that and I don't understand why you seem unable to grasp that simplicity.

That Peter and I have peacefully resolved this difference also seems to have conveniently escaped your attention, so please stop the stirring and provocation there's a good chap.

spospe - 2014-11-19 10:30 AM

peter - 2014-11-18 6:43 PM

Can I ask what you would like to see in MMM?

My personal preference would be for more practical information on, 'how to do it' sort of topics, but I suppose that would not please everyone.

I agree, I would also like to see more how to do it topics.

An article in this months issue is a classic example. Clive Mott was having his onboard generator converted to gas operation. I thought, this looks interesting, as I'd like to convert mine. But after a few paragraphs it rambles on about the massive gennies that the company also converts. So, in the end it appeared as though it was a sereptitious advert for the company concerned. Well that's how it seemed to me. :-S

When I looked at this thread after my post, I just had one post. When I next looked, it had reproduced itself. Now it appears three times. I've either got rabbit infestation of my PC or Warners think my post was so good.

Anyway, whatever the reason, sorry!

Brock - 2014-11-20 9:52 AM

When I looked at this thread after my post, I just had one post. When I next looked, it had reproduced itself. Now it appears three times. I've either got rabbit infestation of my PC or Warners think my post was so good.

Maximatosis (?)

Brock - 2014-11-20 9:52 AM

Probably either SFS or MPE -

Stuttering Finger Syndrome

Multiple Poke Effect

The price is about the same as the other magazine .
I pay 3.60€ (£2.88) per issue of Le Monde du Camping-car"posted through my door. The nearest equivalent over here The digital subscription to MMM is 31.99€ pa (about £2.10 per issue) But I like a magazine to hold, to fondle even. Gazing at the Kindle does not have the same effect.

dakota - 2014-11-21 10:00 AM

I usually buy a MMM every month , but im afraid in future it will only be when i see anything worth reading in it , its a waste of space alately and certainly not worth another 25p .

What kind of features would you be interested in reading in the magazine?

Guest pelmetman
Duncan MMM - 2014-11-21 1:43 PM

dakota - 2014-11-21 10:00 AM

I usually buy a MMM every month , but im afraid in future it will only be when i see anything worth reading in it , its a waste of space alately and certainly not worth another 25p .

What kind of features would you be interested in reading in the magazine?

A Bargain Banger section :D ...............

Like spospe , i would like more how to do it in answer to readers questions , i like the tech help sections , infact i do like most of the mag but something seems to be missing , and of course the ads seem to get more and more , actually i think i must becoming a boring old git , excuse me everyone while i retire to the bedroom and listen to my recordings of the archers for a few days . :-(

I miss the Motor Home listing that used to be at the back of each issue even if it was all too often out of,date. It was this that got me started when we were looking for our first motorhome and has also been of interest when changing motorhomes. I can only presume it was too much like hard work keeping it up.

I have subscribed since the start of,the universe but now,we have just changed vans and won't be changing again for at least five years I'm seriously thinking of dropping it for a few years as I am finding so little of the content useful. Strangely enough I have no objection to the adverts as they can be useful you are looking for something. I've just ordered a flat dog storage box to store dirty, smelly, or wet things in under the new outfit as with a PVC we no longer have a separate garage.

Archived