Its in the bag for Salmond............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
The NO camp have brought in Gordon (lol)...............The bloke who flogged off our gold reserves for peanuts *-)..............

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Typical low level spin tactics Rich.

But I thought old Salmond gave Darling a vicious kick in the nuts........... when he pointed out that if we wont let the Scots have the pound then they wont pay their share of our collective 1 trillion debt ;-)..................Ooooh I bet that hurt in....... our capitalist vitals (lol)......

Seems like a dam good idea to my quarter Scottish side...........stuff the UK............and start a fresh with a full tank of oil B-).............

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-08-27 7:29 PM

If Salmond takes that line on the national debt I can just imaging how the banks of the world will rate his country's credit worthiness when he needs funds because he sure won't get any support from the UK!!

I dunno Rich ;-)...............a country with NO debts and oil in the backyard? :D...............Sounds like a good risk to me especially as they'd know it was the English government who decided to make them default *-)............

I don't see it that way Dave.

Sterling belongs to the United Kingdom and as far as I know no other country is allowed to use it.

If Scotland chooses to leaves the UK it will forfeit the right to use Sterling.

If Scotland then defaults on the debt from which it benefited during the during the overly generous years it will assume the financial status of any other unreliable country.

Whether it can pay its own debts, benefits, NHS, pensions, and infrastructure etc and all the other costs involved in running a small country as well as pay for all the politicians with noses in the trough by borrowing against future oil production to survive is another matter entirely?

Guest pelmetman
Gibraltar.......Channel Islands.............Falkland Islands........etc etc all have their own governments........and the pound ;-)..............Plus we wont need to defend Scotland from invasion :D.............as the midges will do that 8-)...........

Fair nuff Dave - with the exception of the Falklands the others maybe bring more to the UK table than they take away - I don't know - and just maybe the Falklands has more oil than Scotland and more inclination to share it - at the moment - I don't know that either?

I thought initially it would be close, but a NO. Now, with a 100% turnout, I think it would still be NO.

BUT, I also think the YES camp will turn out close to 100% on the day, and I don't think the NO camp will come close to that, so I'm thinking yes, it may well be in the bag for Wee Eck.

Guest pelmetman
candapack - 2014-08-27 8:46 PM

I thought initially it would be close, but a NO. Now, with a 100% turnout, I think it would still be NO.

BUT, I also think the YES camp will turn out close to 100% on the day, and I don't think the NO camp will come close to that, so I'm thinking yes, it may well be in the bag for Wee Eck.

YES!!YES!!YES!Yes yes.........as when Harry met Sally...........but in this case.........When Salmond met Darling.............but...

By Eck I do hope so ;-)................and for all the right reasons..........I'd rather have a neighbour who is my equal next door, than one who thinks they live under my yoke B-)..............and the same applies to Europe :D..........

Cooperation not Corporation rules in my book B-).................

Hi just one question has anyone from the rest (majority) agreed to let Scotland have all of the Oil ? Perhaps a vote by the rest of us may leave Scotland with its just percentage of what is part of the combined wealth of the UK I think its already recorded as on crown land

enodreven - 2014-08-29 9:34 AM

Hi just one question has anyone from the rest (majority) agreed to let Scotland have all of the Oil ? Perhaps a vote by the rest of us may leave Scotland with its just percentage of what is part of the combined wealth of the UK I think its already recorded as on crown land

I think you will find that " Crown Land " only goes out as far as the tide.

The sea bed is owned by King Neptune.

;-)

I vividly remember an interview Salmon gave on the radio some years ago, he could barely disguise his dislike for the English, it would be very interesting to know the proportion of yes voters that will be driven by the same sentiment, I really believe Salmonds prime motivation in seeking independence is just that, a dislike of the English.

Hi, it does seem to be the way ? I really cant understand why the Scots, Irish and the Welsh all seem to hate the English, where as from most of the English I know dont seem to have the same feeling towards these groups.

Can anyone explain why they appear to hate us ? Someone said the Welsh problem has something to do with a Prince Llewellyn or something like that, if its true then why do they hold a grudge for so long

And back to the point I made earlier the majority of the UK have not voted or agreed to letting Scotland take a national resorse, I for one if we can get a vote would certainly vote against, if they dont want to take there part of dept then I cant see how they can expect to take all of a UK national resorse

The Queen is in Glasgow and she bumped into Alex Salmond.

HMtQ: How nice to see you Mr Salmond.

AS: Nice to see you Ma’am. Now, what are we going to call Scotland when we win Independence ?

How about calling it a Kingdom, and then I’ll be a King?

HMtQ: No, we don’t like that.

AS: Empire, and I'll be Emperor?

HMtQ: No.

AS: Alright, so how about calling it a Principality, and then I’ll be a Prince?

HMtQ: No Mr Salmond, I suggest we call it a Country.

Guest pelmetman
enodreven - 2014-08-30 12:23 PM

Hi, it does seem to be the way ? I really cant understand why the Scots, Irish and the Welsh all seem to hate the English, where as from most of the English I know dont seem to have the same feeling towards these groups.

Can anyone explain why they appear to hate us ? Someone said the Welsh problem has something to do with a Prince Llewellyn or something like that, if its true then why do they hold a grudge for so long

You need to recognise the power of history ;-)................

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-08-30 7:37 PM

pelmetman - 2014-08-30 7:36 PM

You need to recognise the power of history ;-)................

Especially on this forum!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)............

HE does repeat himself :D.............

Edit to add............Fortunately HE don't venture over here anymore so HE can't be offended :->............

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-08-30 8:15 PM

Really?

Well HE has said he didn't venture into the cesspit of chatterbox :-S............which makes me wonder how HE knows what I'm saying over here?.................maybe we have a grass 8-)................

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter James
The Prime Minister has clearly got the wind up because an independent Scotland could get rid of Her Unelected Majesty The Queen. This is the nearest thing to an election for their Head of State that Britain has ever had. That is the last thing a Prime Minister wants because he would lose the enormous power he wields through the Royal Prerogative.

Guest pelmetman

Looks like the Scots will win more power even if they vote no ;-)....................I wonder if the English will get the same powers? :-S..............

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2014-09-09 8:33 AM

Looks like the Scots will win more power even if they vote no ;-)........................

The English Establishment are promising Scottish subjects but a vote on their Head of State.

Thats what makes me think they have got the wind up.

Cameron is really in the sh*t for giving them a vote, if they vote yes he is history.

Archived