Is the end in sight?........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed it may soon be over

I seem to remember that Scotland on Sea women who told us during the election campaign it would be her and back bencher Ed in charge pretty soon telling us how that place above Northumberland , the UKs very own Greece would stay in Europe if it was owt t'do with her

Does this mean we can finally get rid of that burden too

Been there done it. Commonwealth formerly Empire. Only we repaid their loyalty in two world wars by abandoning them for the EC.

Our post war leaders anxious to avoid yet another bloodbath in Europe acted in good faith but I would not have voted to join as I did had I known where that would lead.

Does Europe want us out or in. Its interesting times we live in.

Guest pelmetman

I see the Danish UKIP is now the second biggest party in their Parliament :D ...........

Will the EU take the hint?...........I doubt it *-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

Looks like the EU blinked first :D ...........Greece gets another 2 billion ;-) .............

Maybe the Greek PM is right (^) ..............

"Alexis Tsipras, the Greek prime minister, warned that a Greek exit from the eurozone – one of the potential outcomes of the crisis – could trigger the single currency’s collapse."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3131100/Greek-PM-predicts-nation-s-Grexit-cause-COLLAPSE-Europe-s-currency.html#ixzz3daCBDqWE

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

pelmetman - 2015-06-20 7:52 AM

Looks like the EU blinked first :D ...........Greece gets another 2 billion ;-) .............

Maybe the Greek PM is right (^) ..............

"Alexis Tsipras, the Greek prime minister, warned that a Greek exit from the eurozone – one of the potential outcomes of the crisis – could trigger the single currency’s collapse."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3131100/Greek-PM-predicts-nation-s-Grexit-cause-COLLAPSE-Europe-s-currency.html#ixzz3daCBDqWE

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There is no doubt that Greece is in the driving seat, the troika will lose billions if the greeks default, and the EU will lose if Greece gets loans from Russia. Hence they keep pouring millions into a greece shapen black hole.

The single currency won"t collapse Greece is too small for that to have any impact.

Heres hoping the greeks do default and leave the euro, then a 40% devaluation is going to make Greece very attractive for m/hs.

Guest pelmetman

Looks like the Greek tragedy is set to continue :-S .................

The EU will give the Greeks a few billion......... which they will then give to the EU *-) ..............

Progress eh? (lol) ...............

pelmetman - 2015-06-23 8:49 AM

Looks like the Greek tragedy is set to continue :-S .................

The EU will give the Greeks a few billion......... which they will then give to the EU *-) ..............

Progress eh? (lol) ...............

Isn't that the great thing about our new cashless society ?

No-one actually gives anyone else any money - you just transfer numbers electronically.

;-)

p.s . But then I'm old enough to remember when " credit " was known as " debt "

nowtelse2do - 2015-06-23 5:56 PM

Known in the eurozone money world as The Moneygoround.

And the top EU establishment's management and executives classes have a Jobsgoround, bit like the NHS and social services. (note, I said top)

Dave

Known everywhere else as blackmail.

Patricia - 2015-06-23 7:23 PM

nowtelse2do - 2015-06-23 5:56 PM

Known in the eurozone money world as The Moneygoround.

And the top EU establishment's management and executives classes have a Jobsgoround, bit like the NHS and social services. (note, I said top)

Dave

Known everywhere else as blackmail.

And ar*e licking. ;-)

Dave

Guest pelmetman
frankie640 - 2015-06-30 9:57 PM

I don't understand the glee of you lot at the misfortune of the Greek people.

Its not glee..........Its recognition that the Greek economy would recover far quicker outside the euro than in it ;-) .............

Look at the maths 8-)...............

No glee from me. I pay the price of the euro that is advertised to me, I can't change it.

I'm very concerned for the Greek oap's that are without bank cards for example. Yes there are plenty that are having to queue for their €120, it must be awful.

Martyn

Yes..

..and another tragedy of this whole affair, is that the likes of the International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank etc, seem totally oblivious to the depth of experience, wisdom and all round business acumen, that remains untapped, here in the ar*e end of some tiddly MH forum.... :D

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2015-07-01 9:34 AM

Yes..

..and another tragedy of this whole affair, is that the likes of the International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank etc, seem totally oblivious to the depth of experience, wisdom and all round business acumen, that remains untapped, here in the ar*e end of some tiddly MH forum.... :D

Naah its much bigger than that ;-) ..............Its people power against the establishment B-) ...........

The only difference is the EU uses money rather than tanks to get its way :-| ..........

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2015-07-04 7:40 PM

The German Finance Minister has said that Greece could leave the euro temporary. :-S

I wonder what currency they would use 8-)

Maybe the euro :D

Dave

Heard they're printing the new currency on Grease proof paper :D ............

Archived