Instructions'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin Leake

One has to wonder who writes some instructions. I've just been treating a leather suite. The product came in the form of a cream supplied in plastic tube and the instructions started "Shake well before use"! I did try but it seems to make no difference.

Then there's the instruction that tells me not to drive with the windscreen blinds drawn! What rubbish I've got daytime running lights so it,must be perfectly safe to drive with the blinds shut!

Any more examples chaps?

There was a story, a year or so ago, that in the USA a woman set the cruise control on her vehicle ( a motorhome (? ) and then left the driving seat.

Naturally she crashed -and being the USA, was awarded damages because it had not been explained by the makers that the cruise control didn't actually take over from the driver.

Whether that is true or not, it's the sort of thing that frightens manufacturers into including the most ludicrous instructions with everything to avoid litigation.

;-)

malc d - 2015-08-28 7:41 PM

There was a story, a year or so ago, that in the USA a woman set the cruise control on her vehicle ( a motorhome (? ) and then left the driving seat.

Naturally she crashed -and being the USA, was awarded damages because it had not been explained by the makers that the cruise control didn't actually take over from the driver.

Whether that is true or not, it's the sort of thing that frightens manufacturers into including the most ludicrous instructions with everything to avoid litigation.

;-)

It's the old Winnebago story malc.....not true i'm afraid.

Dave

At work I pinned up an instruction 'manual' for a replacement mouse, it is 4 pages long, page one tells you to switch off computer, page two tells you to unplug mouse, page three tells you to plug in new mouse, page four tells you to switch computer on. *-)

Guest Peter James
colin - 2015-08-28 10:26 PM

At work I pinned up an instruction 'manual' for a replacement mouse, it is 4 pages long, page one tells you to switch off computer, page two tells you to unplug mouse, page three tells you to plug in new mouse, page four tells you to switch computer on. *-)

Is it necessary to switch the computer off and on?

I never do when I plug the (USB) mouse into my laptop in the van - (still works fine and its at least 10 years old running Windows XP)

Guest Peter James
I got an aluminium foil sunshield that completely covers the car windscreen. Has a sticker on 'remove before driving *-) '

nowtelse2do - 2015-08-28 8:14 PM

malc d - 2015-08-28 7:41 PM

;-)

It's the old Winnebago story malc.....not true i'm afraid.

Dave

Sorry Dave - but I read it on the internet - so it must be true.

;-)

At work we used a lot of distilled water.

We therefore had to get a COSHH leaflet for it,which stated

If you got the distilled water in your eyes,you needed to wash eyes out straight away with you've guessed it distilled water

HWO

Archived