Government Elite

nasher

Hi Everyone,I wondered how the British people feel about the way things are going in Britain

The recent increase in MP salaries.

The CONSTANT attack on ORDINARY working class people.

The engineering of immigration to keep down wages, ask any bricklayer or construction industry

employee what they think.

2 years ago when the recession was in full flow, this government let rip petrol, food, bankers pay, gas,

electricity, this was a direct attack on the working class.

In response to this here are my reccommendations for a better Britain.

Pensioners pensions to go up to £300 per week minimum. Free rail travel, any expenses incurred while

shopping reimbursed, this can be easily be achieved by stopping taxpayers money being wasted on

overseas free money.

All MPs to do 2 or more jobs while in government, this would half the number, after all people must have seen on tv the number of MPs sleeping on the job!!!

Anyone going to live in the EU entitled to their pensions, housing, health care.

A manifesto to allow any asylum seeker to be allowed to squat on any MPs land, without hindrance.

I am sure this would lead to a much fairer society.

Oh goodie - just what the forum needs - another moaning whinger!

Not a lot wrong with the UK that another term of Tory government won't sort out - then Red Ed and his crew of cock up merchants can come back in and screw it all up again just like they always have done.

Anyone unhappy with the UK who is unprepared to stand for election is quite free to go and live in any other EU country - last one out turn off the lights please - unless we run out of power generation before they leave in which case you won't need to!

Always looking on the bright side of life as my glass is half full a lot more often than it is half empty!

candapack - 2014-10-28 8:14 PM

Tracker - 2014-10-28 7:36 PM

Always looking on the bright side of life as my glass is half full a lot more often than it is half empty!

I used to have a glass that was half full, then some ba***rd nicked it. :-(

Hope it wasn't an illegal immigrant!

nasher - 2014-10-28 7:17 PM

Hi Everyone,I wondered how the British people feel about the way things are going in Britain

The engineering of immigration to keep down wages, ask any bricklayer or construction industry

2 years ago when the recession was in full flow, this government let rip petrol, food, bankers pay, gas,

Yep.......that's Britain!

In response to this here are my recommendations for a better Britain.

Pensioners pensions to go up to £300 per week minimum. Free rail travel, any expenses incurred while

shopping reimbursed, this can be easily be achieved by stopping taxpayers money being wasted on

overseas free money.

All MPs to do 2 or more jobs while in government, this would half the number, after all people must have seen on tv the number of MPs sleeping on the job!!!

Anyone going to live in the EU entitled to their pensions, housing, health care.

A manifesto to allow any asylum seeker to be allowed to squat on any MPs land, without hindrance.

Sounds fine to me. Also need to close the tax avoidance rackets which costs the country way way more than Benefit fraud.

Whats the name of your Party and i'll stick my X on that?!!

Bulletguy - 2014-10-28 10:59 PM

Yep.......that's Britain!

In response to this here are my recommendations for a better Britain.

overseas free money.

Sounds fine to me. Also need to close the tax avoidance rackets which costs the country way way more than Benefit fraud.

Whats the name of your Party and i'll stick my X on that?!!

What's that 'tax' thing you mention ... Not heard of that before

antony1969 - 2014-10-29 9:13 AM

What's that 'tax' thing you mention ... Not heard of that before.

Wealthy moving their millions around to avoid paying tax. Large companies also indulge it. £35 billion last year. Unfortunately under current law, Tax Avoidance is legal.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/oct/11/uk-tax-gap-rises-hmrc-avoidance-nonpayment

Benefit Fraud (illegal) which is the favoured 'trendy' thing to bang on about with endless streams of 'shocking' TV documentaries, costs around £3.5 billion.

Tax Evasion (illegal) but rarely if ever screened on TV documentaries costs a whopping £70 billion.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/6348/economics/cost-of-benefit-fraud-v-tax-evasion-in-uk/

Bulletguy - 2014-10-31 3:23 AM

antony1969 - 2014-10-29 9:13 AM

What's that 'tax' thing you mention ... Not heard of that before.

Wealthy moving their millions around to avoid paying tax. Large companies also indulge it. £35 billion last year. Unfortunately under current law, Tax Avoidance is legal.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/oct/11/uk-tax-gap-rises-hmrc-avoidance-nonpayment

Benefit Fraud (illegal) which is the favoured 'trendy' thing to bang on about with endless streams of 'shocking' TV documentaries, costs around £3.5 billion.

Tax Evasion (illegal) but rarely if ever screened on TV documentaries costs a whopping £70 billion.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/6348/economics/cost-of-benefit-fraud-v-tax-evasion-in-uk/

Nothing wrong with tax avoidance , not illegal and rules are rules

As for the other two I think I'd rather have tax evasion as this means someone's working and putting something into the system even if it's not the full amount

Benefit fraud normally some work shy scratter who's never paid a penny into anything , in my experience here in the pits they are mainly scroats

antony1969 - 2014-10-31 7:01 AM

As for the other two I think I'd rather have tax evasion as this means someone's working and putting something into the system even if it's not the full amount

Benefit fraud normally some work shy scratter who's never paid a penny into anything , in my experience here in the pits they are mainly scroats.

Eh??? Let me get this right.

You would rather your taxes used to cover theft on a massive scale costing the State £70 billion a year...........rather than a paltry £3.5 billion from Benefit fraud?

I'm staggered.

Both are theft......plain and simple, except one costs the State way way more than the other but curiously is rarely publicised. Probably because of the 'high profile pillars of the Establishment' that indulge it.

Let us clearly understand the difference.

Tax AVOIDANCE is legal and uses HMRCs own rules to pay less tax and anyone who does not use these rules to their best advantage is either overly wealthy, lazy or daft. If HMRC want to close down the loopholes then that is up to them but meanwhile good luck to all those who legally use the rules to best advantage.

Tax EVASION is unlawful as it breaks the tax laws and whilst I cannot speak for others it is not something I find acceptable or would condone.

The difference is clear.

Bulletguy - 2014-10-31 10:24 PM

Benefit fraud normally some work shy scratter who's never paid a penny into anything , in my experience here in the pits they are mainly scroats.

You would rather your taxes used to cover theft on a massive scale costing the State £70 billion a year...........rather than a paltry £3.5 billion from Benefit fraud?

I'm staggered.

Both are theft......plain and simple, except one costs the State way way more than the other but curiously is rarely publicised. Probably because of the 'high profile pillars of the Establishment' that indulge it.

Tax evasion = money the government never had

Benefit fraud = money the government had but went to work shy , scratters

Simple

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-11-01 7:44 AM

Bulletguy - 2014-10-31 10:24 PM

I'm staggered.

Simple

"But" the UK is now being taxed 1.7 billion by the EU for it's black economy 8-) ................So who's paying the tax for the black economy as I assume those who work in it are not :-S ................The UK tax payer >:-)

Besides how do they know how much the UK has spent on prostitutes and drugs (?) .....................

I expect they've just gone through MP's expenses and extrapolated to the rest of the UK :D ..............

Guest pelmetman

I see another member of the establishment has jumped ship :-| .................I get the feeling that average Joe has little confidence in the establishment looking into its own mucky past ;-)........

I suspect all this distrust of the establishment has been building for a long time, and will have significant effect at the next election >:-) ...................

Interesting times.................even Status Quo have gone acoustic. B-) .............Time to unplug the status quo of the usual suspects :D ........

Tracker - 2014-11-01 7:25 AM

Let us clearly understand the difference.

Tax AVOIDANCE is legal and uses HMRCs own rules to pay less tax and anyone who does not use these rules to their best advantage is either overly wealthy, lazy or daft. If HMRC want to close down the loopholes then that is up to them but meanwhile good luck to all those who legally use the rules to best advantage.

Tax EVASION is unlawful as it breaks the tax laws and whilst I cannot speak for others it is not something I find acceptable or would condone.

The difference is clear.

The differences between Avoidance and Evasion are clear (though often easily get confused!) and as much as Avoidance doesn't sit entirely comfortably with me, i have to accept it's legal. I've seen 'avoidance practices' on a far lower scale than 'super wealthy' and believe it's sole motivation is that of self greed more than being careful with money.

A close relative (deceased now) was a multi millionaire who ran his own business employing 300 people, yet he never indulged it and still earned enough to give him and his family a comfortable lifestyle. He just never lived to excess.

Evasion is straight theft simple as that and i can't figure Anthony excusing it in that they've worked whilst those defrauding the Benefit system haven't as that's not necessarily true anyway. Some obtaining Benefits fraudulently are doing so whilst working ie, unemployment benefit.

What annoys me is the manic paranoia fed by an incessant stream of TV documentaries about "Benefits Britain" continually banging on about how much this 'n that is costing the State, yet failing to mention it's a mere drop in the ocean compared to the BILLIONS stolen through Tax Evasion.

But that's "ok" because they 'went to work'? Not for me it isn't.

Simple

No it's not Antony. As i've pointed out there are people already working who abuse the Benefits system by falsely claiming what they aren't entitled to so like your Tax Evaders, they also 'went to work'.

The difference being the former costs the State £3.5 billion whilst the latter costs £70 billion.

Bulletguy - 2014-11-01 3:41 PM

Simple

No it's not Antony. As i've pointed out there are people already working who abuse the Benefits system by falsely claiming what they aren't entitled to so like your Tax Evaders, they also 'went to work'.

The difference being the former costs the State £3.5 billion whilst the latter costs £70 billion.

We'll if they are claiming what they are not entitled to like the thousands and thousands who are on some form of false disability they need a good kicking don't they ?

As well as kicking those who claim what they are not entitled to I reckon we should withdraw services paid for out of tax from those who don't pay their fair share of tax.

Don't provide 'em with cover from the fire service or police for example, or any other tax funded public service.

At least that way they wouldn't be getting the rest of us to pay for them.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-11-01 4:40 PM

As well as kicking those who claim what they are not entitled to I reckon we should withdraw services paid for out of tax from those who don't pay their fair share of tax.

Don't provide 'em with cover from the fire service or police for example, or any other tax funded public service.

At least that way they wouldn't be getting the rest of us to pay for them.

;-)

You raise a fair point Malc ;-) ..............I semi retired 10 years ago after the tax man tried to shaft me for 13k........ I didn't owe >:-( .................

BUT...........unfortunately the usual suspects are so profligate with our taxes, I've no intention of feeding their habit anymore than what I consider to be my moral obligation :-|...............

I'd be more than happy to see my NI contribution double if I knew it would go to the NHS, and those in charge wouldn't merely reduce the amount of GDP that was spent on the NHS ;-)...........but considering Westminster is stuffed full of people who are past masters in the art of creative accounting *-)........

I won't be making any effort to earning above the tax threshold soon >:-)................

pelmetman - 2014-11-01 5:58 PM

I won't be making any effort to earning above the tax threshold soon

Each to his own and I wish you luck Dave, but personally having worked and saved for a good standard of profligacy in my dotage I would hate to be a non tax payer!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-11-01 7:24 PM

I won't be making any effort to earning above the tax threshold soon

Each to his own and I wish you luck Dave, but personally having worked and saved for a good standard of profligacy in my dotage I would hate to be a non tax payer!

MIL is still a tax payer 8-) ...............and she got burgled again a couple of weeks ago *-) ...........there's a lot to be said for not living in the posh roads :-| ..............and your'd be surprised how little you need to enjoy life and this hobby B-) ..................although being self employed helps :D ............

BUT...........unfortunately the usual suspects are so profligate with our taxes,

I know how you feel Dave.

I don't like the way they use my money to supply public services to tax dodgers.

;-)

Archived