hi new on here

Mitie1

hi all my name is tom i live in herne kent me and the other half have been caravaning 18 years im 69 years young i will be big 70 march the 12th ive got a 4birth baily van and i tow with a merc 320 diesal i just got rid my pajero i had that 13 years it took me all over england and wales and parts of france but the diesal was getting to exspensive this merc does 44 solo and 30 towing a my paj was doing about 18 to 20 towing any way i like to talk for ever so im hoping you guys have got some new tips cheers all .tom :-D

• 4 weeks later...

Tom the worst thing you could have ever done was get rid of your pajero,iv got a 1996 short wheelbase 2.8,i have a 25 foot caravan and it pulls this with no problem whatsoever in fact i would say these 4x4's are bulletproof.I know they are heavy on fuel but you have to weigh up the goods and bad's, i really cant think of a better towing vehicle.

Happy caravaning to you both and happy birthday.

hi zac i had a long wheelbase 2.5 so im thinking at getting the same one as you im taking my time looking the ones ive seen not been very good and the good ones they want loads a money so im carry on with the merc for the time being it pulls the van like a train up and down hills great and 32.mpg and 44.mpg solo its a great car but i miss being up high cheers m8 .tom :-D

Archived